Making Sense of People with Aromatherapy Masterclass
Time 10am to 4.30pm
Sydney: Saturday 25th May 2019
Brisbane: Saturday 15th June 2019
Sydney – Victoria Room, Queen Victoria Building, Sydney
Brisbane – Perfect Potion Head Office, 7 Guardhouse Road, Banyo
Your investment $150
Early bird booking by 17 May 2019 only $125. Enter code PERSONALITY25 at checkout to redeem
In this Making Sense of People with Aromatherapy Masterclass you will learn:
- Traditional theories of personality types – We examine traditional theories of personality according to Ayurveda and the five elements. We trace the history of personality science and examine the validity of personality testing. We will discuss the various personality traits defined by the Big Five traits and the personality preferences described by Carl Jung and further developed by Myers and Briggs. From this, we will examine how an understanding of personality types can help us to use essential oils in a more holistic way.
- The relationship between personality types and health – We examine the relationship between personality and wellbeing.
- The relationship between smell and personality types – Learn aroma profiling according to the personality types developed by Myers and Briggs.
- The personality profiles of commonly used essential oils – We profile the personality types of thirty of the most commonly used essential oils in aromatherapy.
- Create an aromatherapy blend to match your personality – You will identify your personality type by completing a range of simple questionnaires and create an aromatherapy blend to match.
Advanced Aromatherapy and Five Elements Masterclass
Time 10am to 4.30pm
Date Saturday 1st June 2019
Location Brunswick Street Perfect Potion Shop, Melbourne
Your investment $150 (FULLY BOOKED)
In this one-day Advanced Aromatherapy and Five Elements Masterclass you will learn:
- Advanced concepts of TCM pathology – I introduce you to the fundamental concepts that are often the cause of TCM pathologies such as imbalances of the six pernicious influences and the seven emotions. We discuss the how all health related conditions can be described according to the eight principle patterns of disharmony and how essential oils plays a very important role in balancing them.
- Develop strategies to balance disharmonies – We describe anxiety, depression, pain, headaches and insomnia in terms of TCM disharmonies and then identify the most effective acupressure points and aromatherapy treatment to balance these disharmonies.
- The spiritual dimension of the Five Elements – Wxplore the spiritual dimension of the Five Elements and how disharmony associated with the spiritual aspects of the Five Elements can contribute to emotional and physical disorders. We discuss how aromatherapy can be used to for balancing any disharmonies associated with the Shen (mind), Yi (intellect), Po (corporeal soul), Zhi (will power) and the Hun (ethereal soul).
- At the end of this masterclass you will put your blending skills to practice by making your own aromatherapy blend based on the concepts you have learned on the day.