So your assessment showed a Solar Plexus Chakra imbalance….
If you answered yes to four or more solar plexus questions on our Chakra Assessment, your solar plexus chakra may need some attention. Let’s take a look at two examples of an imbalance…
Do either of these stories feel familiar? Was there something you really related to? If so, your solar plexus chakra may be either deficient or excessive.
Your Solar Plexus is your third chakra, also known as Manipura, meaning lustrous gem! It’s your source of personal power, vitality, drive and energy. It’s where your will power and gut feelings arise. Manipura is ruled by the colour yellow and element fire.
Manipura Balancing Practices
Wear or carry yellow crystals and gemstones
Surround yourself with the colour yellow; wear it and visualise it
Eat yellow foods such as citrus fruits, corn and squash
Step out of your comfort zone and face your fears
Set small, realistic goals. Make a point to learn something new.
Try hula hooping or belly dancing or other strong core exercises
Learn to say no and practice speaking up for yourself
Yoga and Meditation for the Solar Plexus
Choose core strengthening poses like…
- Chaturanga Dandasana (Plank pose)
- Vasisthasana (Side plank pose)
- Utthita Trikonasana (Extended Triangle Pose)
Try our core and Solar Plexus strengthening sequence filmed at the funky, urban Yoga Everyday Studio in Stafford, Qld.
Meditation & Mantra …
- Repeat the bija mantra RAM
- Listen to the musical note E
- Visualise the colour yellow or a bright beautiful sun or field of sun flowers
- Try kapalabhati (under the guidance of a teacher if you are not experienced with this kind of breath work)
- Do strong core work and core and heat building yoga practices
Aromatherapy and the Sacral Chakra
Use essential oils that help build confidence…These include:
Roman chamomile, frankincense, ginger, grapefruit, juniper berry, lemon
You can also use Perfect Potion’s Harmony chakra blend. Harmony chakra blend is a synergy of vetiver, juniper berry, lemon, frankincense, Roman chamomile and aniseed pure essential oils. Try burning it during your workouts or while setting goals for an extra boost of inspiration, drive and determination.
Affirmations for Manipura
• I am strong and courageous • I express myself with ease • I am proud of who I am • I honour my strengths • I am at peace with myself • I step into my power • I am worthy. I accomplish all I wish to easily and effortlessly •
A Balanced Solar Plexus
When your solar plexus is in balance you will experience a strong sense of self, have confidence in your life choices and have the ability to follow through and take action.
- I am self-assured and decisive.
- I stand firmly in my true power.
- I live authentically with ease and grace.