So your assessment showed a Sacral Chakra imbalance….
If you answered yes to four or more sacral questions on our Chakra Assessment, your sacral chakra may need some attention. Let’s take a look at two examples of an imbalance…
Do either of these stories feel familiar? Was there something you really related to? If so, your sacral chakra may be either deficient or excessive.
The sacral chakra is the passion centre of life. Also known as svadhisthana, the second chakra is associated with water and joy. It is the next level up from survival (muladhara) to the juiciness of life – it’s what makes life pleasurable and worth living. Svadhisthana governs sensual and emotional expression. It’s your hub of joy and creative potential!
Svadhisthana Balancing Practices
Opt for warm, aromatic baths
Dance like no one is watching – get your hips moving to your favourite rhythm!
Enjoy deep tissue massages
Surround yourself with the colour orange. Wear or carry orange gemstones and crystals – carnelian, citrine and orange calcite
Surround yourself with water – go swimming
Enjoy balanced sexual relationships
Do something just for the joy of it every single day
Let go of and release emotional baggage
Embrace change, let life flow
Eat orange foods – oranges, mandarin, carrot, sweet potato, pumpkin, tumeric, apricots
Yoga and Meditation for the Sacral Chakra
Choose hip opening yoga poses like…
- Eka pada rajakapotasana (Pigeon Pose)
- Agnistambhasana (Fire Log Pose or Double Pigeon Pose)
- Upavaistha Konasana (Wide Angle Seated Forward Bend)
Try our Sacral Chakra Yoga sequence filmed at Pine Rivers Yoga in Cashmere, Brisbane!
Meditation & Mantra …
- Repeat the bija mantra VAM
- Listen to the musical note D
- Visualise the colour orange or a beautiful landscape with flowing water
Aromatherapy and the Sacral Chakra
The flowers of a plant are reproductive agents, often associated with sweetness. Along with flowers, warming essential oils resonate strongly with the Sacral Chakra. Choose sensual, warming essential oils such as:
Sandalwood, Jasmine, Patchouli, Rose Absolute, Ylang Ylang
Allure chakra blend is a creatively and sexually supportive synergy of jasmine absolute, mandarin, sandalwood, cardamom, ylang ylang and patchouli pure essential oils.
Diffuse Allure during your Sacral Chakra yoga practice and meditations to awaken your joy and passions. Try anointing your pulse points with Allure and allow yourself to enjoy the sweet flow of life. Take a warm, soothing bath and repeat your mantras and affirmations.
Affirmations for Svadhisthana
• I embrace life • I am open to change • I flow with life • I am a creative being • My life is pure joy • I am worthy of love and sexual pleasure • I honour my my sexuality • I am emotionally at ease •
A Balanced Sacral Chakra
When in balance, you will radiate warmth and emotional stability. You will be friendly without being attached and clingy.
- I am able to go with the flow.
- I trust in life and embrace the beauty and joys around me.
- I am comfortable with my sexuality and sexual relationships.